Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just getting started with my PDC

I'm going to use this blog as a way to try and keep track of all the things I'm learning about permaculture - starting with my permaculture design certificate (PDC) (I'm on day 2 even as I type).

I'm doing my PDC with Cydonia Permaculture, and it's being held at Commonground near Seymour. Great facilites, super location and excellent food so far!!

Yesterday was mostly introducing ourselves (there are about 20 people on the course), and then some introduction to permaculture sessions, and a session about different learning styles. In one of the permaculture sessions with Ian Lillington, we looked at the permaculture 'flower' (more on that here http://www.permacultureprinciples.com/flower.php) as a way of representing the different aspects of permaculture across a range of areas - nost just food, landcare and growing)

Today we're focussing on soils....but more about that in my next post, as lunch is nearly over!

3 comments:

gerribol said...

Hi Margo

Followed the link from ALS to this site and have just spent too much time reading your other blog!

Hope the course is going well.

Gerri aka libran

Broad Betty said...

Hi Margo,
This is a great idea! I will be reading with gusto! Good luck and have fun!
Kirst

MUZZY said...

Hi Margo Im looking forward to more of your posts. Cheers M (ALS)