Thursday, October 30, 2008

So where to now?

OK, I have my PDC and a head stuffed full of information and ideas - what do I do now? I think the principles that most apply here are observe and interact, and small and slow solutions. To sum it up I need to take a "hurry up and wait" approach!

There are so many things I want to do on our property, but I really need to cultivate (no pun intended!) patience and just watch the sun, wind and weather, and really plan the best use of all our space. It's not going to be easy though - I WANT IT ALL NOW :*) .

In the meantime there are some small things that I am doing:
  • valuing a renewable resource by putting buckets in the sink and shower to collect 'waste' water and recycling it onto the garden
  • I've turned off the house pump and we now gravity feed all water into the house. It's a small thing but it makes me feel better. It also helps to reduce water consumption as there is less pressure. An added bonus of this is I have learned about tap architecture as I had to take the flow regulator our of our kitchen tap to get any water out!
  • Mulch, mulch and more mulch - I've raked up the grass clippings and put them on the garden beds
  • Harvesting a yield - growing even more of my own food

No comments: